
OAK RIDGE FARMS HISTORY
ESTABLISHED IN THE 1930s
Our
Story


WHERE IT ALL STARTED
Oak Ridge Farms beginning goes back to the 1930s with the purchase of the original farm. Oak Ridge Farms, Inc. was started in 1977 by Bob & Frankie Seehase. Their children- Jim, Fred, Rick and Cindy were a big part of the beginning and continuing of the farm corporation. It was set up to continue through generations to come. The name for the farm was derived from the Royal Center Farm (which was purchased by Laura Seehase in the late 1930's). There happens to be a ridge that has Oak Trees completely on the ridge...thus Oak Ridge Farms was named.
​
Registered Angus and commercial cattle herds were the catalyst of the corporation. ORF became a Kent Feeds dealer in 1973, as the primary feed used for the farm's cattle production, thus a feed store, built in 1976. The feed store was started with several vendors being represented to help the farmers in the area with fencing supplies, livestock equipment, gates and chutes, clothing items, show equipment and too many others to mention. As time passed, changes were made with the inventory of the farm store to meet our customers' needs.
​
It has continued to be part of the family farm business, with Cindy and Kevin's sons and families. Wes and Duane Scott and their families- run the day to day operations of the feed store and the farm corporation. Kevin and Cindy's other children-Cody and Stephanie and their families help throughout the year to make a difference in the family farm. It takes everyone to make it work, especially as the years pass.
​
​
Our Oak Ridge Family-
Fred Seehase
Cindy and Kevin Scott
Wes and Grace Scott, Keaton & Quinn
Duane, Carter, Cora and Colette Scott
Stephanie and Blake Mollenkopf, Kinzie, Gavin, Logan and Remley
Cody and Jennifer Scott, Chloe and Jarrett
